Wednesday, January 7, 2009

L cried last night

Yes, that is rare enough that it is actually note worthy. She cried for a few minutes when she was first born, and then again when she was 2 weeks old. She fusses if her teeth are hurting until we get her some Hyland's. She cries occasionally in the car or if she's hungry and I don't notice her telling me right away. She has only cried a handful of times for more than a few minutes without us being able to figure out the cause and fix it.

She was so sad last night and nothing was working! We gave her some Hyland's for her teeth, changed her diaper, I tried to nurse her, we walked, bounced, sang, and snuggled. I put her in the Moby wrap which is usually a sure fix if the cause is tiredness. I finally took her in the bathroom, turned on the shower really hot to steam up the room and turned the lights off. Then I took off my shirt and her onesie, and I bounced with her skin-to-skin. She calmed down right away, but I kept doing if for about 10 minutes. Then she nursed to sleep after that.

We still don't know what was wrong. We have all been sick all week, and Damien and I had headaches with our colds, so we think she might have had one too. Her cry sounded like she was in pain. Poor baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment