Friday, January 9, 2009

Interests

I've been talking to my sister about our kids' recent interests, and I sent this to her. Just some things that Ezabella likes lately, and how I've been helping her explore those interests or things that I would like to do soon to help her.

Horses- She has some horse books that she likes. She watches a cartoon called Horseland and has learned a lot of terminology from it. She's now talking about lateral steps, jumping competitions, reins, the difference between an English and Western saddle, etc. We go to the carousel every time we are in Salem, which she LOVES. Her first riding lesson is on Sunday. For now I can only afford once a month, but I'm going to try to find a way to do more.

Dragons- she's always talking about them and pretending to be one. I don't have many ideas for this except to find one of those Chinese parades where they have the people dressed up like dragons. She watches a video on youtube of someone speed painting a dragon. I should try to find some more dragon art and stories.

Belly Dancing- we watch belly dancing videos and dance together. I'd like to take her to a belly dancing show, but it might be hard to find one that is kid friendly. I'm going to try though.

Pretty much any kind of animal- she likes the vidoes on the national geographics website. We read books about animals, too. We need to get outside more often to see some real animals, but between the constant rain and living in the city, it's hard. We should spend more time at the river behind our house-there's a little wildlife back there. We go to the zoo every few months.

Cooking/ food- she's always pretending to cook/eat/make food. We play a lot of pretend restaurant games. She helps me cook, but I don't do it very often. Damien cooks more often, but she isn't as interested in helping him. I need to cook more.

Car racing- she loves the movie Cars. I would like to take her to an actual race.

Art- she's really loving all the art supplies everyone got her for her birthday. I need to get her more crafty things.

Any ideas for me? Ways to expand on her current interests or things to strew that she might like?

No comments:

Post a Comment