Sunday, February 1, 2009

Living Torah and Grace

I've been trying to observe Shabbot and make it a "set-apart" day. I really focused on getting everything done by Friday this week, so that I could just relax. On the weeks that I am able to do this, it really does make life less stressful. It becomes a day I can look forward to. Last night Ezabella and I put on some worship music and danced. I also lit 3 candles for YHVH, Yeshua, and the Holy Spirit. I read a Psalm to Ezabella, and then read more on my own. We prayed and I felt at peace.

Today was a little more hectic, as we went to our Garden Co-op meeting. I'm trying to not do those things on Shabbot, but that's the only time that works for everyone else to meet.

In learning about the Hebrew roots and bringing what I learn into my life, I'm trying to balance to two things- legalism and grace. Thanks to YHVH's sending Yeshua, and my relationship with him, I am saved. I know that my works or lack of works do not affect my salvation. However, because of my relationship with Him, I have a desire to do as He commands. Several things have been on my heart lately- Shabbot and Debarim (Deuteronomy) 6:6-7.

"And these Words which I am commanding you today shall be in your heart, and you shall impress them upon your children, and shall speak of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up..."

I love this verse because it says so much with so few words. It's about *living* Torah and grace, and not putting our faith in a box. It's about being present and in the moment with my children- sitting with them, walking with them, lying down and rising up with them. Letting them see my relationship with Yeshua, just as they see the rest of my life. So, while I'm trying to make Shabbot a set-apart day, I also want to be careful not to be a "Saturday Christian," especially in the eyes of my children as they get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment