Sunday, February 1, 2009

Green Smoothie for Baby



I was planning on doing baby-led solids with L, and I was totally ok with her not eating any solids until a year old. For the last few weeks she's been grabbing at my food, though. So, I've been giving her anything that I'm eating that's soft enough for her to eat. She's had banana, avocado, beans, and loves to suck the juice out of orange slices. Seriously, the oranges are like baby crack. She goes nuts over them and gets really mad if we take them away.

This morning I had a green smoothie with celery, spinach, pineapple, and banana. She kept grabbing at my cup, so I set her in E's seat and spoon fed her a little bit. I don't know if this really counts as baby-led, but whatever. I'm not doing cereal or food in jars or trying to feed her any certain amount each day. I'll just keep giving her whatever I'm eating that's soft enough for her or as she gets older I'll chew things up for her. In this case, the blender chewed it up.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was a strange coincidence that you had a post about green smoothies and this thursday I'm having a smoothie party! I started a yahoo group for kindergarten/preschool aged homeschoolers... there are like 5 of us into healthy diets so we are going to have a "mixer" playdate. You are welcome to join us! Annalise will be there too.

    ReplyDelete