Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My kid is in so much trouble!

"I'm in trouble!" E says this on a pretty regular basis and I think it's pretty cute. Why would I chuckle at her being in trouble? Because it usually involves a very imaginative game and lots of rescuing, heroism, epic battles and nurturing mommy animals. To E, being in trouble means you're a baby squirrel stuck in a tree or a dog who got lost. And there's always a princess with a sword or a mommy with the power to fight off dinosaurs there to rescue you.

I don't know if she's ever heard the phrase "in trouble" used to mean that a person has done something wrong. She certainly wouldn't equate it to punishment since there is no punishment in our house. I love that she will always know that when she's in trouble that's the time to reach out to the people who love her and that she can trust us to reach back.

No comments:

Post a Comment