Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My First Post As A Guest Blogger: Shame

I wrote my first post as a guest blogger!  It was a post on shame and you can find it at our2crazyboys.  It was for a more mainstream audience, so I didn't word things exactly the way I would have here, but the same basic idea comes across.

In writing that post, I felt a twinge of guilt (not shame though, I discuss the difference in that post).  I do fairly well with not shaming my kids (though I admit in that post one area where I do fall short), but not so well with not shaming my husband.  I don't know why it's so much harder!

I'd love to hear from you about your experiences with shame.  Were you shamed as a kid?  How does it affect you as an adult?  Do you struggle with trying not to shame your kids?  Do you find yourself focusing so hard on parenting well, that some of those bad habits manifest in your marriage instead?  Comment please! 

No comments:

Post a Comment