Sunday, September 11, 2011

Teeny

E has a little porcelain duck named Teeny. Today she asked me how to spell Teeny's name and I told her the letters while I was working in the kitchen. I glanced over and realized that L was writing all of the letters too! She learned how to write E from watching E write her name, but every time I offer to show her how to write her own name or anything else she isn't interested until today when she suddenly just did it. She not only wrote all the letters easily and legibly, she did it by watching E write them on the other side of the table, so the ones she was copying were upside down to her, but she did them right side up on her paper. L doesn't require a lot of feedback or practice when she learns how to do things. She just observes, absorbs and suddenly does it. It's so fun watching their different learning styles!

No comments:

Post a Comment