Saturday, August 6, 2011

Meditation

I just read this post on meditation and it is a perfect description of just how simple meditation is. When I meditate, I just remind myself to Be Still and I remember Psalms 46:10 "Be still and know that I am Elohim," and Mark 4:39 "he said to the sea, 'Peace be still' and the wind ceased and there was great calm."

It doesn't even mean my body needs to be still (though that usually feels best for me, but I also meditate while doing yoga or walking or running sometimes). It mostly means that my Being needs to be still, in the present moment, experiencing whatever is going on right now inside me and around me. It's being completely aware, yet unattached.

I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but my energy or spirit or something feels like it's been scattered around as I rush around, and spread through dimensions as I think about the past or the future. When I meditate, it feels like this energy returns to my body and I'm whole again. I focus on my breathing and just let my thought slide by without getting attached to any of them. After a while, they quiet down.

I like to sit in a quiet dark room for 20 or 30 minutes, but that's hard to achieve with 3 little kids. So usually I meditate right in the middle of messy life. I just close my eyes and focus on a few breaths and YHWH's peace washes over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment