Saturday, August 20, 2011

Life is What Happens While You're Making Other Plans

Wasn't it one of the Beetles that said that? I should google it to find the source, but not now.

Anyway, I did that whole long post on our ideas for things to do and places to go in August and then life happened! My husband just got a new job as a fire watchman for a logging company that requires him to basically live on site for a while in a trailer. So the girls and I camped with him 4 days a week for the last two weeks. They had a blast playing in the dirt, seeing the logging equipment, and going to the lake. I'll post more on that later. Now we are only camping with him 2 nights a week, but it's still that much time away from home and unavailable for these projects.

To top it all off, D needs the car, so we are getting around on foot, on the bus and with rides from my parents.

Also, this week and next week the dance studio is letting people try out all of their classes for free. So we will be doing 2 classes on Monday, 2 classes on Tuesday and one class on Wednesday. E will be choosing between ballet, jazz and hip hop and L will be choosing between pre-ballet and a mommy and me class.

Of course, the learning never stops, the details just change! And some ideas (I hesitate to say plans, since they were so subject to change anyway) have stayed the same, like the hot air balloon races that we went to today (and I'll be posting more about that too.) Some things won't happen and some will be put off until next month. And so life goes!




1 comment:

  1. It was John Lennon :-)
    I am enjoying getting caught up on some of your posts that I missed....reading on my Kindle! It is so much easier on the eyes and I can read it anywhere! Now I will have no excuse for not being up-to-date on your blog posts. Thank you for making it possible!

    ReplyDelete