Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Attached at the Hip

Yesterday we went to an indoor pizza place that had a huge play area with slides, bouncy things, little go carts and toys. The way E was acting, I couldn't help but think of people who have said that if you nurse your kids too long or let them sleep with you or answer their cries that they will be attached at the hip forever. They have said that these kids will never be independent. E still sleeps with us and still nurses. I only leave her with daddy for a few hours a week, and rarely leave her with anyone else. And at 3 years old, she doesn't cry anything "out." She's the poster child for an "attached at the hip" kid.

That's why I had to think of the people who say that kind of thing and laugh. I didn't see her at all for 3 1/2 hours. New place, new kids, and she was GONE the minute we walked in the door. Every 20 minutes or so, I would go find her and see how she was doing. She would barely agknowledge me, before taking off again. About half way through, she came to the table to eat her pizza. She shoved half of it in her mouth as fast as she could and started to run off again. I told her that they didn't want her taking the food in the play area, so she shoved the other half in her mouth, dropped the crust on the plate and RAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment