Monday, February 16, 2009

My 3 year old drinks a bottle

That's right. I'm one of those moms who lets her 3 year old walk around with a bottle in her mouth.

The same 3 year old that just quit nursing 5 months ago. The girl who WOULD NOT take a bottle of expressed breastmilk as a baby, but would instead wait 5 hours until I got home from work to nurse her. Oh, and she also wouldn't take a finger feeder, sippy cup, spoon, regular cup, or anything else that wasn't the magical, cure-all mommy boob.

I pumped some milk for L- just out of curiosity to see if she would take it just in case I ever had to go back to working outside the home part-time. Yep, no problem. She drank the milk, played with the bottle, drank some more.

Then E got ahold of it, drank the rest of the mommy-milk and then asked for water. She's been walking around with her "bottle-water" or "wottle-battle" ever since, and asking me to snuggle her and "drink me" (as opposed to "feed me") with it. I never thought I'd be holding a bottle for this kid- it's so weird and just crazy ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment